Kaieteur Falls Day tour
A visit to the Kaieteur Falls is one of the most memorable trips you’ll undertake in Guyana. This natural wonder is 5 times the height of Niagara Falls in North America. More than 136,200 litres per second (30,000 gallons) of tannin-stained water crash 251 metres (822 ft) to the bottom of the rocky gorge. Kaieteur is home to the tiny golden frog which spends its entire life in Large Tank Bromeliads; white-chinned and white-collared swifts which nests behind the falls; red and green macaws, Morpho hecuba, South America’s largest butterfly, and the rare Cock-of-the Rock.
- Company Name: Dagron Tours
- Duration: 4 + hrs
- Activity level: Moderate
- Minimum: 13 person
- Time of departure varies.
- 10 am : Pick up from hotel Princess and transfer to airport for check in*.
- 11:10 am: Arrive at the airport for check-in. Have lunch after check-in.
- 11:30 am:Flight departs for Kaieteur Falls (one hour).
- 12:30 pm: Arrive at Kaieteur Falls. Have your cameras ready for that perfect aerial shot! You will have an opportunity to see the thundering falls as you approach the landing strip. Enjoy a guided tour to various vantage points.
- See the golden frogs and various flora and fauna as you walk around the National park.
- You may also be lucky to see the rare Guiana Cock-of-the –Rock. Consider it a treat as few lucky persons see it perched in nearby trees along the trails.
- 230 -3:00pm: After a two hours tour at the Kaieteur Falls, you will rejoin your waiting airplane and fly 1 hour to ogle airport.
- 4:00 pm+: Arrive at Ogle airport. Transfer to Georgetown.
- Return transfers (Georgetown hotels only/home)
- Return flight,
- Small Snack ( kindly provide dietary restrictions/issues)
- Trained local guide
- Entrance fees
Flight times vary according to weather or aircraft issues and that Dagron Tours is not liable for any delays due to weather or issues mentioned.
The flight and departures are confirmed once the minimum number of participants has been acquired. In the event that this is not possible we may combine with other operators. Full refund is given upon cancellation.
Weight restriction: This plane can only take 800 lbs
What to bring or wear:
- Photo ID
- Light comfortable cotton clothing
- Sun block lotion
- Umbrella for sun or gear
All rates are quoted in US dollars, unless otherwise stated. Rates are correct at the time of publishing, but are subject to change without notice due to fluctuation.
- Cash or credit card
Cancellation by client
Any cancellation by the client must be in writing and acknowledged by Dagron Tours. The date the correspondence is received, will determine the loss of any monies applicable.
- Canceled 90 or more days prior to arrival- full refund.
- Canceled 60 to 90 days prior to arrival- 95% refund.
- Canceled 30 to 60 days prior to arrival – 80% refund.
- Canceled 3 to 29 days prior to arrival – 50% refund.
- Canceled 2 days prior to arrival or no show- No refund-Once ticket is purchased and you wish to cancel or don’t show up