Demerara Historical River tour
We will take a tour through the heart of the city to the Stabroek Market area. Here you will join the afternoon commuters using the old ferry stelling to board the river taxi’s which are used to cross the Demerara River. The river taxis are an alternative route to using the Demerara Harbor Bridge.
As you slowly cruise along the bank of the Demerara River your guide will give you a brief history and facts of the famous buildings along the waterfront. We will then continue our trip to see the Demerara Harbour Bridge, once the longest floating bridge in the world at a total length of 1,851m long. It was commissioned on 2 July 1978 and was only designed to last for 10 years, yet it is still going strong. As the sun sets over the river you may witness the flock of brilliant Egrets and Scarlet Ibis as they fly across the skies and settle into the Mangroves for the evening.
Soon after the sky begins to get dark you return to the ferry stelling enjoying the city light from the river.
- Company Name: Wilderness Explorers
- Duration: 4 hours inclusive of transfers
- US$ 75.00 per person, minimum of 3 persons
- US$ 60.00 per person, minimum of 4 persons
- US$ 50.00 per person, minimum of 5 persons
- US$ 45.00 per person, minimum of 6 persons
- Upgrade: US$ 10.00 per person to include wine and cold towels.
- Rate Includes: Transport, boat, guide, alcoholic beverage (2 per person), local snack & VAT. RATES are subject to change without notice.
- Contact :+592 227 7698 E: [email protected] W: wilderness-explores.com
- Address: 141 Fourth Street, Campbellville, Georgetown.