Santa Mission & Kumuni Resort Tour
This tour takes you on the east bank of the Demerara River to Timehri and over the Demerara River into the Kamuni creek, through lush secondary vegetation, where you may get the chance to see wildlife. Arrive at Santa Mission. Visit the main tourist sites and mingle with the villagers. You may also purchase local craft from the small craft co-operative. Select from beautiful basketry and woodenware to small tokens.
Further down the creek is the Kamuni Palm Resort . Set on 5 acres of land in the Kamuni creek near to the Amerindian Village of Santa Mission. The surrounding area is planted with fruits and vegetables for use on the resort.
The resort has 2 rooms that can accommodate 2 families for overnight stays. Hammocks can be slung inside the main benab area as well. It caters also for day trippers who will indulge in swimming boating, visit to the farm, and hiking.
- Company Name: Dagron Tours
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Activity level: Moderate
- Price: US$150.00 based on 6 or more persons
Includes return land and river transportation, lunch, water, soda, guide fee, landing fee and entrance fee.
- 8:45h: Pick up from a central location.
- 9:45h: Arrive at Timehri docks (Robin Landing)
- 10:15h: Arrive at Santa Mission
- Spend some time at Santa Mission visiting the main tourists’ sites.
- Proceed to Kumuni Palm Resort.
- Welcome and explore the village, farms and learn about its people and their way of life. Enjoy a walk on the Nature trail and swim in the cool black waters of the creek.
- 14:30h: Depart Kumuni Palm Resort and head to Timehri Docks.
- 15:30h: Arrive at Timehri docks (Robin Landing)
- 16:30h: Arrive in Georgetown
Please note all bus/car transfers are from Georgetown Ramada Hotel or from our offices.
WHAT TO BRING /WEAR
- Light comfortable cotton clothing
- Sun block lotion
- Umbrella for sun or rain gear
- Swimsuit /towel
- Western union transfer to the manager
- Cash payment at our office
- Credit card
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Any cancellation by the client must be in writing and acknowledged by Dagron Tours. The date by which the correspondence is received will determine the loss of any monies applicable.
- Cancelled 90 or more days prior to arrival- full refund.
- Cancelled 60 to 90 days prior to arrival- 95% refund.
- Cancelled 30 to 60 days prior to arrival – 80% refund.
- Cancelled 3 to 29 days prior to arrival – 50% refund.
Cancelled 2 days prior to arrival or no show- No refund